Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Storybook Favorites

I really like the title Husbands of Draupadi and I am familiar with the story. I heard so many times in my life and even still I get to hear stories about them.  The introduction was interesting it tells the story about Nalayani and sage Moudgalya, how they come to stay happy life and Nalayani wanted more from her husband in her next life.  God Shiva hears her wishes and granted in her next life as she was born as Draupadi and she marries with five husbands and each one has different qualities that she asks for in her previous life. The design was simple and easy to use so I might consider using it for my project.  Click here to go to website.

Picture of Draupadi and her husbands losing the gambling
 game and they tried to take her clothes of and Krishna saved her.

Vishnu's Favorite Avatar was interesting to learn and I am heard many forms about Vishnu's Avatar which he took in order to defeat the evil.  As it was the mention the main avatar that was remember by most people is Narasimha, Rama, and Krishna.  Vishnu's Avatar were consider as a protector who came on earth to fight evil.  This three avatar of Vishnu has great stories and I really like them it is interesting and I get to learn so many new things.  The design was nice and the color gray looks nice and goes really well with orange, I might consider using it.  Click here to go to website.

This are the ten Avatars of Vishnu who came to earth and each one has different name.

Hindu God and Their Vahanas, it is important for hindu god to have vahanas so they can travel.  As it was mention Ganesha was traveling on mouse and that his vahanas because Ganesha was big and he eat lots of food so no other animals could handle his weight.  The mouse was a demon from what I know and Ganesha defeated him and after that he became his vahana and his name is Mushak.  Shiva whose vahana is cow who always stays by his side and he travels everywhere on Nandi ji which is the name of Shiva vahana.  Similar to them all of the god's have their own vahana which they travel and they are all animals.  I might cosider using similar type of design but with different color.  Click here to go to website.

This picture shows Ganesha who is traveling on his vahana Mushak.

2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that you had some prior knowledge of one of these stories. I had never read one of these before thisclass, and am looking forward to getting to read these stories. That first picture you posted really drew me in. I had to go and look at thisstory and what it was about. I also liked the third picture you posted with this. I guess it helps to have interesting illustrations to lure people into reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some stories that pictures lure people into reading this stories and the stories behind those pictures are interesting. Even though I have prior knowledge, their are some stories that I don't know and when I get to hear from others I find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete