Thursday, January 18, 2018

Growth Mindset

I have never heard of Carol Dweck or growth mindset.  But it was interesting to learn that if students don't get better feedback or they don't get hard homework then they will not learn.  Some students like to face challenge for difficult problem solving and some students don't want any type of challenge.  In the test they do worst than student who like to face challenge and they feel better by knowing their are students who dumb then they are.  As for me I like to face challenge but there are subjects that I don't understand and I feel like giving up but since I am doing it then I finish it.  The things I learn at OU is that you have constantly face challenge and you have to finish what you have started.  My biggest challenge was when I was taking the classes that hated but I finished it because giving up is not an option.  I will be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester.  My personal learning goals for this semester is database class which is hard and I would really like to learn that because I will be using that in everyday of my life when I will be working with businesses.  I am worried and excited about database class but I think I will manage to finish what I have started.

This is the schema or ERD that use for database to store data and
they are connected but the symbol makes it harder .

1 comment:

  1. I also hadn’t heard of Carol Dweck. Isn’t Growth Mindset an exciting concept? It can be really hard to lean into failure, to see it as part of the process. I struggle with that a lot!
    I hope you’ve been enjoying the class. Do you feel like you’ve integrated the concept of Growth Mindset into your daily life as a result of learning more about it?

    ReplyDelete