Thursday, February 8, 2018

Story Week 4: Two Karna

The normal story of a poor boy and rich boy both has the name of Karna.

The poor boy name Karna was called by name PK and rich boy name Karna was called by name RK. RK was arrogant didn't like anyone specially he hated PK and never wanted to associate with him in his life even though they both stayed in same village and the name is Lanka.

PK came from outside the village 5 years ago and RK was born and grew up in the Lanka.  They both goes to school and they are in same class, know each other but never speak with each other.

PK liked the girl in his class and RK liked the same girl.  He hated PK the most because the girl he liked always stay with PK and talk with him the most.  PK hates talking with anyone who is poor.

The girl name is Sesha, she helps PK with everything and likes to hang out with each other.  From looking at those RK was feeling like to kidnap Sesha and blame PK for her kidnapping since they both are seen together most of the time.

RK went to the house of Sesha and kidnapped her when there was nobody in her house.  When her parents came back they couldn't find Sesha and started asking everyone in village "have you seen my daughter" and everyone said "no".

RK came and said "Ask PK, he always stay with her and they both hangout together." 


Sesha parents went to ask PK if he have seen their daughter but PK didn't know either.  PK start looking for Sesha and he had heard rumors long time ago that RK liked Sesha so he though probably he took her because RK don't like to hang out or talking with poor people.

PK went to ask RK if he have kidnapped Sesha or not and he said "Even if I did no one would believe your word." To find out the truth PK brings the stick with fire and started putting fire around his house and he ask him again "did you kidnapped Sesha or not" and RK said "Yes."

Than after that everyone put water on fire so RK's house is not burn to the ground and no harm comes to Sesha.  Finally, Sesha was free and happy and RK arrogant died in that fire, where everyone in his village started hating him and they stop talking to him.

Author's note:  I changed the character of Hanuman and Ravana to 2 Karna.  Made a story of not kidnapping of someone else wife but they girl that both Karna likes.  This story is where no one dies and nothing was destroyed.  Since this story is on Human bases boy bring fire on stick where in Ramayana Hanuman tail was on fire.

Bibliography: The author is Gibbs Laura, Title PDE Ramayana: The Burning of Lanka


Karna from Mahabaratha

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeet! I enjoyed the very clear outline of the story and how you were super clear with the naming of the characters. This was very smooth to follow and I am "wowed" by the good use of dialogue present here as well. This story also shows a sad representation of discrimination of lower class citizens, which is still the reality of today even in the states. I'm thankful you chose it because there are various themes that could be applied here and definitely used in present day. Thank you for sharing your story and thoughts here! I enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeet! I loved your story. I always find it crazy finding someone with my name. I always wonder that life would be like in their shoes. This story explores the difference between the rich and the poor. I liked how nobody had to die in this story. It was also nice, like Marla mentioned, that it was easy to follow the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Jeet! I like how you decided to make the story modern and more relatable to a modern audience. I wonder if you could have described their surroundings more so that we could really visualize what's happening and how the character are interacting with their world. I also liked how you included dialogue in the story rather than just explaining everything that happened. It makes it much more real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jeet!
    I like how you made the story your own. Your version is more relatable and easier to understand. I am glad that PK was able to find Sesha and set her free from RK. I always like happy endings! I also like how Sesha preferred PK over RK. I am a sucker for underdog stories. I think there might have been a part where you meant RK but put PK. it was in the third paragraph "PK hates talking with anyone who is poor." I thought PK was poor. Other than that, I loved the story! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete